ID these cories?

1. amber0107 Well Known Member Member

What kind of cory cats are these? They're all playing together as if they're one and the same, but I know they're not. I'd like to complete their schools but right now I'm having a difficult time "matching" them up with my lfs who labels them "small cories" and a Petsmart in a neighboring city which called two of them julii cories. They're all less than an inch long, but one is significantly thicker than the others.

Attached Files:

2. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

The darker grey one in the third picture looks like a plateus. Then the others I think one looks like a regular julii and the other almost like a false julii. I could be wrong tho.

3. plecodragon Well Known Member Member

pic 1 Corydora trilineatus (false julli)
    pic 2 possible corydora julli or trilineatus
    pic 3 corydora paleatus (peppered corydora) the darker cory

4. amber0107 Well Known Member Member

Ok, wow. Possibly three different types. This could get interesting. How big do these get? I'm planning another tank and need to know what would be the best set up? I have sand in a 20 gallon right now, so I'll probably do that again since I've read they like sand.

5. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

they all like sand and stay around the same size, eat the same stuff, and like the same temps. so if you look up one you pretty much know em all. haha. i kept both julii and peppered together before. they occasionally hung out but stayed with their own type most of the time.