ID Sharks change color at night

April
My irridescent sharks change colors at night when the lights are off, does anyone know why this is? They are black all day and a beautiful yellow/orange at night. Also at night they all get a dot on their head. So weird. I've been researching this 4 awhile and haven't found any answers. I'd appreciate any comments or theories.

Gouramiguy17
Is the orange/yellow an iradescent shine or are they orange/yellow?

April
orange/yellow ID sharks

No they actually turn orange and yellow around their faces, when the light goes on they immediately go back to black!

sun82
That's interesting. Can you share some pics?

mmcd
^^^ x 2 I wanna see.. sounds cool

April
Okay I will take pics of the ID sharks tonight

April
Ok I tried to get a pic of my orange/yellow id sharks, but once the light got switched on they spazzed for a minute and by the time they settled down enough for the camera to capture their they were back to black!!!!!! I'll try again another time.

kerisb
I just aquired a ID shark so will watch to see if mine does this......if so I will try and get a pic also!!

Sounds like something quite awesome to see!

Aquarist
Good morning April,

Most fish will change color according to their moods. Once the lights go out they tend to be more relaxed and the colors will change. My bright orange Bloody Parrots will fade to almost a solid white at times, very pale. Mostly at night and again during spawning.

I hope you're able to get some photos A before the lights go out and an after would be neat.

Ken

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mishee
Replies
Views
k19
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies