ID My Rescue Baby?

1. thorneinmyside Initiate Member

I had a younger fish that the LFS gave me free because I was friends with the manager and he asked me to raise it. Unfortunately, my goldfish got hungry and bit its head off (no I didnt put it in harms way on purpose, I had it with my platies and other SMALL Comet goldies for about a month before it was killed). ANYWAYYYSSS: I recently went back to the LFS and found this girl, she had apparently been in some other tank and was picked at, so they had put her in with some tuxedo platies. However, no one was sure exactly what she was (she was the only one like this in the whole store) but I did notice that she had the same markings as my younger one that died. So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? Im pretty sure shes molly of some sort due to size and similar head shape. Help??

Attached Files:

2. ivonko Member Member

if im not mistaken i think its a showa swordtail female
    heres a picture of one
    sword_showa_female_100528a2_w0480.jpg

3. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Looks like a molley, a very very sick looking molley. I wouldnt honestly purchase a fish in that condition. On a side note, goldfish and livebearers normally dont mix i thought, live bearers like warmer temps. Also, how big is this tank you have them in?

EDIT: Ninja'd it does look like a sword come ti think of it, it looks like either or

4. ivonko Member Member

lolz i only knew that one cause we had them so i remember the coloration pattern :)

5. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Hi,

She looks like a Koi Dalmatian platy. I highly doubt it is a platy.

6. ivonko Member Member

welcome to the site btw :) were happy to have you here!

7. thorneinmyside Initiate Member

She isn't "sick" She has been nipped at. I got her free. Shes doing great in my tank though:) I currently have her in a 20L. My goldies were $.13 feeders; if i was keepin them for longer than a week i would have set up a cold water tank but i wasnt. Thanks ivonko, that really does look like her...if she had all her fins xP The boys still like her though; and that explains her jumpiness and her size though.

thanks :) the set up is similar to caudata.org except this is for fish so i figured might as well, could come in handy(;

8. ivonko Member Member

as long as the boys like her what else matters ;) lol

9. thorneinmyside Initiate Member

lol well hopefully i can pass her genes along before she dies. Im taking as good of care of her as possible but I dont know if she will ever be able to heal her fins. and who knows how much longer she will last, she looked worse when i got her though so who knows.

10. ivonko Member Member

i hope so to! good luck! well if she is currently seperated from fin nippers then hopefully she will get better, with proper feeding, clean water, and minimal abuse she may be able to make a full recovery!

11. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

What if shes a Muppy?

12. Gordinian Well Known Member Member

What? lol

13. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

RA...i think you slipped XD.

14. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

-sigh- I meant "She looks like a Koi Dalmatian Swordtail." LOL I do this all the time.

Also I doubt it is a Muppy since they rarely survive to adulthood. The only Muppies I had didn't look like that.

15. mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

I agree that she looks like a swordtail, the body looks too long to be a platy.