"I'd like some saltwater fish even though I know nothing". "Sure, here you go"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClearEyes, Jul 31, 2015.

1. ClearEyesWell Known MemberMember

So I was at the LPS store the other day (they have mostly other pets, but have a fish aisle), and I was browsing the fish tanks when this couple walked in. They told the guy working there that they were interested in getting their first fish tank. The worker was like, "Okay, here's the saltwater fish, and here's the freshwater fish. Go ahead and browse and see what you like."

After about 15 minutes, the wife/girlfriend calls the worker over and says, "The saltwater fish look so much cooler. We're gonna go with those." The worker says, "Great, what size tank would you like?" and points up at the shelves above. The couple confer for a few minutes and basically just point and say, "That one." The worker says, "Great, lemme go get that for you."

The couple basically asked no questions, and the worker didn't offer any information or advice. Either the guy didn't know anything, or he didn't care. For all I know, he worked the puppy section and just happened to walk by the fish aisle while the couple was browsing. Anyway, I was done shopping by that point, so I left, and never saw the end of that transaction, but it couldn't have been good. I sure hope they didn't buy any fish that day...if they did, they probably threw away a lot of money and a handful of lives :/

2. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Let's hope for the best, maybe they'll go home and do some research (hopefully).

3. ClearEyesWell Known MemberMember

Even so, if they bought fish, they're hosed. I've tried returning fish to that particular store before, and they don't do it. And there's no way they'll have any safe way of housing those fish any time soon.

4. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Different fish store, maybe? If they get in a pinch?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice