ID lettucey floater and fuzzy thing please

guppywrangler

New plants from the fish store. What are they? Didn’t ask what they were, just asked for a floater and a fuzzy thing that’ll do well in low light. The place is an hour away. I’ll try to give them a call, but the lettucey floater almost seems like it’s not supposed to be in water, or it’s just not liking my water. Some of the leaves are completely dissolved. Others are yellowing. Anything that has submerged at all is getting tiny holes in it. It’s too heavy for the whole thing to float though. Hmmm. Any ID / general care advice appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 16

Rye3434

Fuzzy plant looks like a myriophyllum of some kind, 2nd looks like floating water sprite which is aquatic and may be melting as it adjusts to your tank

guppywrangler

Fuzzy plant looks like a myriophyllum of some kind, 2nd looks like floating water sprite which is aquatic and may be melting as it adjusts to your tank
Cool! I just looked them up and the care requirements and descriptions match exactly what the fish store said. Will the red myrio get bunched up? I want it to look more dense, but when I was shopping, she said this was the least fussy one for a tropical tank.

Rye3434

It doesn’t look like red myrio, but to get it more dense you can trim and replant the tops. The trimmed stems will grow two more and help make it more bushy

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kiireki
Replies
Views
RogueFebreze
  • Question
Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies