Ick treatment

1. Absynthe Initiate Member

So the other day, I finally bought something for the Ick, Aquarium Product's Quick Cure. But I didn't use it the exact day I got it, cause none of my fish showed any signs of ick. So I wait a day, come home from school, and find atleast two white spots on my male Molly. So has I rip the cure out from its packaging, I noticed the directions said to remove the carbon in the filter. It was time to change the filter bag anyway, because it's month's durablity was depleted, I had to put in two new bags. While changing bags, I just decided not to put the carbon rocks in, and put about 28 drops of the cure in (Since I had tetras in my tank, it said to add one drop pure two gallons) I know I could've went to 30 drops, but I decided not to.

Is it safe not having the carbon in the bags?

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Carbon is not necessary in maintaining a healthy tank. Most of us don't even use it unless we want to absorb medications from the tank. Your tank will be fine without it. ;)

3. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

yup completly safe the carbon removes chemicals in the water like the ich treatment you put in so if you left the carbon in the ick medicine would have disapeard so smart move on your part