Griz

Reaction score
Experience
1 year

Griz

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I know it says two weeks but I just don't want to lose any fish.

MyFishFillet

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Typically there will be less ich after afew days and the 2 weeks is to make sure all ich is killed

Griz

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Is it possible that I have a heat resistant strain?

Are there any medications I should try or should I not add medication while doing the heat treatment?

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Do one or the other method, heat or meds. Don't mix them, it's too stressful on the fish. I would finish the heat method before trying meds.

You have some stocking issues, by the way, if you'd like to discuss them. Obviously you wouldn't want to add more fish or rehome some until the ich is gone though!

Can you take a pic of your affected fish? Just so we can make sure it's actually ich.

Griz

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Do one or the other method, heat or meds. Don't mix them, it's too stressful on the fish. I would finish the heat method before trying meds.

You have some stocking issues, by the way, if you'd like to discuss them. Obviously you wouldn't want to add more fish or rehome some until the ich is gone though!

Can you take a pic of your affected fish? Just so we can make sure it's actually ich.
Are you talking about my cory cats and otos? Yes I know they need to be in larger groups.
I am %100 sure that it is ich

Griz

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think it's pretty much just my tetra's that have it. All my other fish seem fine and I haven't noticed any of them flicking.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'd still finish out the heat treatment before switching. Are you sure your thermometer is accurate?

Griz

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'd still finish out the heat treatment before switching. Are you sure your thermometer is accurate?
Yeah I'm going to finish the two weeks maybe even a little longer just to make sure. Yeah I have two thermometers at both sides of the tank and I've checked different areas of the tank with a digital meat thermometer that we have and every area was around 86.5-87. Should I try feeding them any certain types of food? I know some have immune booster things in them.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You can feed different foods or soak some of the food in garlic juice, but it's not necessary.

Griz

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If it isnt better then meds would probably be the way to go
Good news! I bumped the temp up another degree 3 days ago and pretty much all the white spots are gone. There's maybe 3 fish that have a white spot left on them

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom