Ich?

• Thread starter freshwaterninja
  • Start date

freshwaterninja

I have white spots on some of my fishes. Over the last couple of weeks, these white spots have come and gone on my fishies, and I have my suspicions that it’s ich, but they aren’t showing any symptoms other than the white spots. I haven’t lost any fish to it, and when I do notice it on them, within two or three days they’re gone and my fish are fine. My dwarf gourami is an exception; he’ll have white spots on his body, and a couple days later those spots will be gone but he’ll have them somewhere else. It’s the same as the other fish where he isn’t showing any other symptoms or that he’s uncomfortable or irritated. The picture attached shows the white spots he has currently on his fin and tail. Is this ich? And should I medicate my tank, or just pull my gourami out and try to QT him?

Attachments

AquaticQueen

Well Known
It could be ich. Quarantine him, but if it shows up on the other fish again, you might as well move him back and treat the main tank for ich.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Quarantine isn't useful in case of Ich cause the parasite is crawling.all.over the tank in that case. It isn't isolated to one fish.

Top Bottom