Ich!!!

ojdgtjc

I left for florida a week ago when I noticed some white spots on my tetra. I came back and another tetra had one. now another tetra has one and my juvenile oscar has 2 spots. I don't have a heater or a filter for a quarantine tank, what do I do?? ive heard ich remover stains, so I don't want to do that. is there a non-staining way? btw the tetras are as big as the oscar. (Buenos Aires tetra)

kallililly1973

Treat the entire tank.

StarGirl

Turn the heat to 86* or more and gravel vac a lot is the only other way. Will maybe kill some of your fish. The Ich will for sure.

ArnoldoOffermann

This is what I did:

I fed DAILY with Dr. G's Anti-Parasitic Caviar
I dosed Paraguard (I actually only dosed half)
I dosed Stabiltiy (I kept my filter in)

Remove carbon

I lost NO fish to ich (12 neons, 1 betta, 4 corys, 2 ottos) and it was all gone in less than 2 weeks!

ojdgtjc

Treat the entire tank.
will the treater stain things? ive heard they stain

This is what I did:

I fed DAILY with Dr. G's Anti-Parasitic Caviar
I dosed Paraguard (I actually only dosed half)
I dosed Stabiltiy (I kept my filter in)

Remove carbon

I lost NO fish to ich (12 neons, 1 betta, 4 corys, 2 ottos) and it was all gone in less than 2 weeks!
can I find all of these on amazon?

will PraziPro work?? I have some leftover from treating planaria

goldface

will the treater stain things? ive heard they stain
Yes, but I've never had any permanent stains. Experiences might vary, so maybe. Important question is, how much do you care about your fish? If you got the right med, treat right away!

Edit: Prazipro won't work.

Level99Fishing

I used a mixture of acriflavine and malachite green and cranked up the heat when my rummynose had ich.
It was more severe than your case; each fish had too many white spots to count.
Problem solved in about 5 days without a single casualty.
The malachite green turned the water blue-green but did not visibly stain anything (although my seams are black so maybe there is staining but not visible)

ArnoldoOffermann

can I find all of these on amazon?

Dr G’s needs to be refrigerated. Any local
saltwater store has it.

ojdgtjc

Yes, but I've never had any permanent stains. Experiences might vary, so maybe. Important question is, how much do you care about your fish? If you got the right med, treat right away!

Edit: Prazipro won't work.
are you talking about paraguard?

what would be more effective? salt or meds?

goldface

are you talking about paraguard?
I used Rapid-Cure, but it also has Malachite green.
what would be more effective? salt or meds?
Meds. Seriously, if you have it, use it. Or use a heater, but don't quarantine the fish. You should treat the entire tank that's infected.

StarGirl

The stains go away fairly quick IMO usually just the silicone. No to the salt. Just heat and Ich meds.

ojdgtjc

The stains go away fairly quick IMO usually just the silicone. No to the salt. Just heat and Ich meds.
so I bought seachem paraguard. I am slowly turning my tank up to 86 before dosing. is there anything I'm missing? thanks for all the help

StarGirl

You don't have to wait till heat up to treat.

ojdgtjc

okey. do I even heat at all?

StarGirl

Yes

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mika3333
Replies
Views
EvanTheLegend
Replies