Ich

1. P

Prudhvi New Member Member

How to get rid off ich. Please help. I recently changed the activated carbon for my filters. I lost one guppy already.

2. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

You can either raise the temperature, slowly to 86. Do daily water changes for the next two to three + weeks.

Option two is to get medication like Kordon Rid Ich. You treat the tank every day for the next seven days. Each dosage requires a water change before dosing the tank.

3. Perpetual151

Perpetual151 New Member Member

I am going through the same thing. I'm using "Ich-X" and so far it is working and hasn't harmed my Platys, their fry, corys or plants. If you don't want to do meds, most people on here recommend slowly turning up the tank to 86 degrees, use air stones, and do daily water changes for up to three weeks. I hope you win your bout with Ich, good luck!

4. Bearwithfish

Bearwithfish Valued Member Member

I have always used temp to treat Ich. Once the visible signs are gone leave the temp for another 2 weeks and then notch it back to "normal" range for your tank 1 degree at a time 1x per 24 hour period.

leaving it up for the extra 2 weeks kills off any remaining Ich in the tanks substrate.