Ich Help

1. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

Ugh...if I think this is what it is I think this dude has ich...at least that's what I think it is. Can somebody confirm?

1139233f1f154986c3d64bfe4b35af1d.jpg

2. bopsalot Well Known Member Member

Not sure. Can you post some more photos? It doesn't look too ich-y in that photo, really. I think I see spots of something, though?

3. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

It doesn't show on the body that I can see...but his skin is light so it might be hard to look at. The Columbia tetras (The Cartel is what I call them) some show signs of the white spots.

My water is 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 10 nitrate. Ph 7.2

ae9c3ecf8c639ddc25d470e0410ff60b.jpg 34dfbba4a3152570d52097bf7f8e2ab0.jpg

4. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

The tetra looking fish does have ich. The yellow one doesnt seem to have it...yet.

5. bopsalot Well Known Member Member

I would tend to agree. Looks like it could be the very beginning of ich on the tetra... not 100% sure. The spots on the other fish look different.

6. BHK3 Well Known Member Member

In your first photo, the white spots on the fin in the back left and the fin on the right look pretty ich-y to me.

7. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Pretty tetra. What kind is it? I would say it looks like Ich also, but early stage.

8. BHK3 Well Known Member Member

I just got this joke and I barked our a laugh so loud that I woke my husband up. What a great name for the shoal. :-D

9. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

It's a Columbia tetra. I have six of them. The plan was to get another six of them to make it more "complete". Obviously with the ich I'll have to hold off.

Yes I name them the cartel. My wife and I have names for our fish. The Severum is Nuke. She didn't want to name each of the fish in the school so we came up with "The Cartel"

As for the ich I figured that was the problem so I started using the Kordon rid ich thing. Ugh more water changes...at least I caught it early. They're still active and swimming so I hope to nip it before it gets bad.