Ich

1. Salye1mj

Salye1mj Valued Member Member

Hi, inside my house i have a "pond" i built that houses some goldfish, lots of guppies, and some catfish. A few days ago i noticed one of my catfish was swimming strange, like something was wrong with his swim bladder. At the moment i couldnt look into it and when i came back he was dead. A few days later i saw the other one and it seemed to have ich. I did my best to catch it but couldnt. It died the next day. So yesterday i started catching and seperating all the fish. Goldfish and remaining catfish in one tank, guppy fry in another, guppies in the last. The guppies are covered in ich and i am begaining treatment. No death yet. But my goldfish show no signs of it. Yet this morning i awoke to one dead. This isnt normal right? If it died from ich there should have been signs?

2. jhigg008

jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Well I have heard that it attacks the gills first so perhaps the goldfish was infected without visible signs yet. Can you send a pic of your setup and your guppies? What are your water parameters?

3. OP
    OP
    Salye1mj

Cant tell you the parameters, i tore it all down yesterday. I will refill it sometime today. The set up is basically a box 5 ft long, 3 feet wide, and 2 ft high. I can take a picture once its refilled again, so your not just looking at an empty box haha

4. OP
    OP
    Salye1mj

Lost another goldfish. No spots, just noticied it had a hard time swimming so i place it inside a net so it could stay upright.

Guppy symtoms almost gone, only a few have a couple spots. Though another goldfish may be begaining to show signs. Its only visiable looking from behind the fish and seems more lone a fungus than ich.

Doing 50 percent water changes every day and using half dose of malachite green