Ich treatment with Corys Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Khory4611, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Khory4611New MemberMember

One of my angelfish has ich. I noticed it this morning and I'm opting to use the hi temp method. My question us should I use salt also? Will my corys be bothered by it?

2. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Don't use salt. Bring your temp up to about 85, leave it there for a couple of weeks. Thorough gravel vacs every few days.

3. steveredlakefallsmnValued MemberMember

ive used the high temp method and it has worked great for me,also lots of water changes,clean up the gravel good and stay on top of it takes awhile but stay with it you will be happy.stay away from chemicles i did and im glad i was told to do the same.good luck!be paitiant.STEVE.

4. Khory4611New MemberMember

5. JrobberWell Known MemberMember

I did 10-30% water changes with good gravel vacuums every two days. Be patient too, because it will take sometime for the ICK to completely go away.

6. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

7. ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

great advice from everyone!
    Just please make sure you add an extra air stone as warmer temps have less oxygen and you dont need to stress them more :)
    good luck!

8. Khory4611New MemberMember

What is the highest temp you think I could safely go?

9. 1hawaii50Valued MemberMember

I've been running my tank @86F for the past week. I began treating with Aquari-Sol for the first 4 days, and then I switched to API Super-Ich Cure. I've lost 3 Panda Corys, 3 Praecox Rainbows, and 3 Platys. The remaining 2 Panda Corys, and 2 Rabauti Corys do not seem bothered by the high temps. I'm currently still seeing Ich spots on my Rainbows and 1 Panda Cory.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice