ICH Spot white spot?? Important

1. My TigerBarb Fish"Fluffy" Initiate Member

Hey My tiger barb fish had white spot or ( ICH spot ) what i have to do with this spots there is any way to get rid of this spots pleas help me ???

About My Tank
    20 Gallon
    PH:7.5
    no heater
    i had 4 tigerbarb fish , and 2 gold fish

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

If your fish has ICH, the fish will appear to have been sprinkled with salt and not simply 1 white spot. The fish will be covered.

Since you do not have a heater for the tank, then I have seen Ich Attack mentioned and it was used with success.

If you can have access to a heater for your aquarium, then I would recommend the Increased Heat Method below:

Increase the tanks temperature to 86 degrees and leave it there for a full two week period. Even if the fish appear to be free of the parasite, leave the temperature increased for the full two weeks. Raise the temperature slowly throughout the day. 2 degrees per hour should be fine.

Warmer water requires more oxygen so adding an air stone/supply line may help.

Do two gravel vacuums each week to remove the spores that fall off the fish and into the substrate. Make sure the new water is the same (86) temperature as what is in the tank.

Adding Garlic Guard or garlic juice onto the fish food 2 or 3 times each week will help to boost the fishes immune system. (link below for garlic juice):
    minced garlic in a jar..just an example for those needing it
    Garlic Guard:
    http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/198657/product.web
    Making your own juice, recipe:
    "Benefits of garlic:

Purifies blood; detoxifies; lowers cholesterol levels; lowers blood pressure; blood thinner; prevents blood clots; boost immune system; prevents heart disease and strokes; destroys cancer cells; muscle relaxant; antibiotic; antifungal; suppresses growth of tumors
    Using a medium size bulb; peel cloves apart, snip off ends; microwave cloves for 5 to 10 seconds to pop hulls; remove hulls; cut the length of the cloves in thin slices; place in cup of hot (from tap) water; cover, and let sit at room temperature for 12 hrs; mash the cloves and strain for immediate use; refrigerate until needed. good for two to three weeks.
    The longer the cloves soak, the stronger the solution."

The information above comes from the link below:
    GoldFish Emergency 911

Vita Chem (for additional vitamins) added to the fish food and directly into the tank will help the fishes overall health. Follow the directions on the bottle.
    http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/196391/product.web

It's been my experience that salt isn't necessary with the heat treatment.

I highly recommend Quarantine for all new fish:
    Quick and dirty quarantine setup

Best wishes for your fish!

Ken

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from Tiger Barbs to Freshwater Fish Disease section of the forum.

3. My TigerBarb Fish"Fluffy" Initiate Member

Thank u So much

4. My TigerBarb Fish"Fluffy" Initiate Member

Another Question plz , one of my tiger barb fish has no tail every day when i check on them i seeing her tail is less than the first then today i think she has not tail and she not moved like the first . how can i make her active again ?? ???

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello

It sounds like the fish with no tail may have been nipped. Keep your water as pristine as you can. If you have access to MelaFix, it may help.

Depending on how severe the damage is will determine if the tail fin will grow back or not. If it is completely gone, I doubt that it will regrow. :(

The Garlic mentioned in my post above #2, helps to boost the fishes immune system along with Vita Chem for additional vitamins. I recommend both.

Ken

6. My TigerBarb Fish"Fluffy" Initiate Member

okay thnx

7. fbn Well Known Member Member

If you do the Raised Heat Method, make sure you raise the temperature very slowly. I raised the temperature way too fast one time and quite a few fish died because of that.

8. My TigerBarb Fish"Fluffy" Initiate Member

Thank u For the info