Ich on Mickey Mouse Platy?

Sharky151

Reaction score
Hi, I recently got a new platy 2 days ago and when I woke up today, I saw some tiny white spots on the platy’s tail. I was wondering if this is ich or something I don’t need to be worried about. I have a 10 gallon tank with two platys and two neon tetras. When I purchased the platy, the pet store employee was careless and sort of threw the bag onto the table at the register, which makes me concerned since this might have severely stressed the fish. When I got home that day, I slowly acclimated it to my tank (1 hour total).

My tank parameters are the following:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5

Attachments

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yes, that looks like ich. If possible, isolate that fish in a tank separate from the others, so long as your other fish definitely don't have ich either. If you must keep her in the same tank, you'll have to treat the whole tank.

Do you have access to ich medications and/or an adjustable heater and aquarium salt?

OP
S

Sharky151

Reaction score
Yes, I just purchased Ich-X and have an adjustable heater.

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sharky151 said:
Yes, I just purchased Ich-X and have an adjustable heater.
Great, seems like you're on the right track! Do you need help with dosing/treatment protocol?

OP
S

Sharky151

Reaction score
SM1199 said:
Great, seems like you're on the right track! Do you need help with dosing/treatment protocol?
No, I think I’m good. I just wanted to be sure that the fish had ich so that I didn’t accidentally medicate her for something she didn’t have. Thank you so much for your help!