Ich On Aquarium Equipment

Hunterhusker

Valued Member
Reaction score
So I was about to do a water change on my inside tanks when I realized I had thrown a net i had used earlier on my pond barrels which are infested with ich. I had been treating with rapid cure for a few days, and I assume there aren't any ich in the water but im not taking chances as it just killed a whole tank of goldfish. But yeah sorry off topic. I threw the possibly infected net in my bucket with my gravel vac and it had a few inches of water in the bottom from a mini water change. So I possibly infected my hoses with ich. I am soaking it in chlorinated water from the tap at about 135 degrees. I am heating some water to 200 to put in there now. Will that kill all the ich in my bucket? Im going to do the change with a spare bucket and a 5 gallon size gravel vac on my 20. This will take hours ugh. Better than weeks of treatment though. What else can I do to my hoses to treat them. I really don't want to use bleach.

Hunterhusker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hunterhusker said:
Ok its been soaking in almost boiling water for about an hour now
Yep its been in for three hours now still no help all hope is lost I'll just keep heating water for it until I think it's safe I guess

Hunterhusker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hunterhusker said:
Yep its been in for three hours now still no help all hope is lost I'll just keep heating water for it until I think it's safe I guess
I have it hung up to dry now. Anyone have any tips?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom