Ich like disease

Mashupsfishbuisness

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my beeta has a greyish, whitish spoch on its head, at first I thought it was Ich, but there's no other white spots on the body and the head spot is over 1mm(i think thats the max size of ich spots. Now, I could be worried bout nothing since I could've bought it thought way(i honestly dont remember) but to me, it really doesnt seem right if I bought it that way.

OP
Mashupsfishbuisness

Mashupsfishbuisness

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
StarGirl15 said:
Do you have a picture?
I could get one, although it might be untill 5-7ish hours from now b/c the room is getting a new layout and I can't get a pictre very easy rn

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok its just easier to see what you mean. Usually white spots are Ich. How long has your tank been running?

OP
Mashupsfishbuisness

Mashupsfishbuisness

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
StarGirl15 said:
Ok its just easier to see what you mean. Usually white spots are Ich. How long has your tank been running?
Ive had the fish for a month....so a month

OP
Mashupsfishbuisness

Mashupsfishbuisness

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
StarGirl15 said:
Do you have a test kit to check the water? How often have you done water changes?
I do not have a test kit(that probaly would be a good thing to invest in) but Hes the only fish and all the decor is fake, so In hange the water every week, it was a whole new week b4 the rooom was deorginazed so probs 21/2 week b4 tuesdaynight, at wich point I did around a 45% wc. I also should point out that on the ninth, I found my water heater unplugged, so I dont know if if was unplugged the full 3 days or less timeAlso, heres the pics. As you can see he also has some fin rot. He seems to be decreasing in health since this thread first start, but I dont know if its simply because he decreasing, or ifthe effects of that 2 1/2(1 week, depending on how u look) is just catching up with him

Attachments

OP
Mashupsfishbuisness

Mashupsfishbuisness

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
SevenTetras said:
Looking at the picture i think it could be an injury. Hard to tell from the picture though.
Yeaa;(.. sorry bout thee quality

GuppyDazzle

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can't tell from the photo, but if it was ich, there would be many tiny white spots on the fish. A single white spot is not ich, unless it's the first visible spot, then there will be many more in a matter of hours.

It could be any one of a number of things, fungus, injury, anchor worm. The fin rot is troubling as well. Whatever it is, when two ailments present at the same time it's almost always a water quality issue. I didn't really understand what you were saying about water changes, but being aggressive with partial water changes is the first thing I do whenever I so much as dream about a problem in my tanks.

OP
Mashupsfishbuisness

Mashupsfishbuisness

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So, I did a quick search over at Betta Fish Diseases - How To Treat A Sick Betta Fish and found tthat columnaris might resemblethe diesease(Me,personally, I dont think it does) but I thought it would be beneficial to ask u guys. Do you guys think it could be columnaris?

OP
Mashupsfishbuisness

Mashupsfishbuisness

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
SevenTetras said:
If it is a white spot i think it could be a cyst??

If it is a white spot i think it could be a cyst if it isnt ich. It could also be an early tumor. Cysts look like this picture I found on google of a betta. If it looks like this, it's probably a cyst.
its not a cyst or a tumor, that I know

New Threads