Ich-Like Disease

Snailerator

Reaction score
My Blue Acara has had these ick like spots on him for a bout a week now. I know in the ick life cycle it falls off after 2 days. Also, none of my other fish have been infected. The spots are mostly on his forehead and by his tail. What could this be? See pics attached. Thank you!
IMG_20200129_185221178.jpg
IMG_20200129_185222694.jpg
IMG_20200129_185225531.jpg

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It looks like ich so I don’t really know what it could be. If he’s the only one that’s affected by this maybe try giving him a salt bath. Was he showing any other symptoms of ich?

OP
Snailerator

Snailerator

Reaction score
julkosi17 said:
It looks like ich so I don’t really know what it could be. If he’s the only one that’s affected by this maybe try giving him a salt bath. Was he showing any other symptoms of ich?
Not rly. He's acting normal. Usually ich falls off after 2 days right? Its just rly weird

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Snailerator said:
Not rly. He's acting normal. Usually ich falls off after 2 days right? Its just rly weird
I think it falls off to reproduce, so I wouldn’t wait until it would fall off. I would try the salt bath for him and to do a water change. That’s all I can think of.

OP
Snailerator

Snailerator

Reaction score
julkosi17 said:
I think it falls off to reproduce, so I wouldn’t wait until it would fall off. I would try the salt bath for him and to do a water change. That’s all I can think of.
Ok thanks.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It is not Ich. You might still be able to save him with salt and 85+ F. But it takes time, it does not fall off like Ich, it has to die off.

Don't see it as often, but there was a period of time when a lot of fish were coming in with this from the far east. I just called it "the Crud". It starts off resembling Ich, but the spots are variable sizes and slightly fuzzy. It quickly turns into a full blown fungus-like infection. I saved a few fish with heat and salt, but still lost most of them if they were too far along before I started treatment.

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
chromedome52 said:
It is not Ich. You might still be able to save him with salt and 85+ F. But it takes time, it does not fall off like Ich, it has to die off.

Don't see it as often, but there was a period of time when a lot of fish were coming in with this from the far east. I just called it "the Crud". It starts off resembling Ich, but the spots are variable sizes and slightly fuzzy. It quickly turns into a full blown fungus-like infection. I saved a few fish with heat and salt, but still lost most of them if they were too far along before I started treatment.
Aren’t those the symptoms of columnaris?

OP
Snailerator

Snailerator

Reaction score
chromedome52 said:

Yea, I did a salt bath and it seemed to be receding. Today was the first day I thought symptoms disappeared.

New Threads