Ich In Pond Barrels

1. Hunterhusker

Hunterhusker Member Member

I have barrels of goldfish to keep down mosquito populations on my dads farm. We got some gold fish to put in there and I go out and take care of them. I was checking in on them and I saw one glint with white spots in the bottom. Half an hour later I caught the lil dick in a barrel so deep I have to stick my head under to reach the bottom, and he has three white spots on his tail. . I am treating with kordon rapid cure. What else do I need to do. I can't add heat, or oxygen. What can I do to fix this. I dont like it, but I guess if this fails its all feeder goldfish i could euthanize them all and start over. I bet I got him sick, because my other barrels are doing great.

2. maggie thecat

maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

Treat ich with Rapid Cure following the instructions. In three days (or is it 4, I can't recall off the top of my head. Whatever the bottle says. ) Itshould be all gone. Do a partial water change and you should be good to go.

3. OP
    OP
    Hunterhusker

Ok, it says three times a day but I dont have time for that I'll try for two. Hopefully it will get resolved. I think it is two days as it is 48 hours.

4. OP
    OP
    Hunterhusker

Well all but one died yesterday, and I'm just waiting on him to die. I dont know how though, because only one had spots on him and it was just one on his tail. Oh and afterwards I had a blonde moment and dropped my net into another barrel full of fish that were healthy so im mad haha. They came from the same tank though so im probably wrong, but oh well. I also dropped it in a bucket with my cleaning hoses but I already made a new post about that.

5. OP
    OP
    Hunterhusker

You know I just did a google search about how to clean my hoses and the pictues of the ich on the web were much different than what I had. The spots on the internet were tiny. The spots on my goldfish much bigger. Like an ⅛ of an inch across.

6. maggie thecat

maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

Hm. Yeah. Ich looks like coarse -ish salt crystals.

Was what you had cottony in appearance? Or something else alogether?

7. OP
    OP
    Hunterhusker

It was not cottony. I wasnt able to observe it in the water as its a dark cloudyish barrel in the woods behind the house. It didnt seem cottony out of the water and I poked it with my finger and it was just barely noticable on my fingers. Hmm. Not sure I hope it wasn't ich cuz I got water from it in a different barrel and on my gravel vac.