Ich In My New Tank

kayla20johnson

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Alright everyone, I posted about a week ago about have having ICH in my 5gallon betta tank. He is responding very well.

NOW I have started my 55 Gallon tank. The water has low ammonia which I am taking care of, and no signs of nitrate/nitrite. Well, I was examining my fish today who are in the 55g, and 2 of them have white spots on their tail fins and dorsals. Both of them are Tetras.

Now I am just sort of frustrated because the water is brand new, still trying to get a cycle, and has not been contaminated with anything from my other tank.

What the heck? Why is this happening?
757e15a6f207a6cba12cdb1606082a88.jpg

kayla20johnson

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
NavyChief20 said:
do you use the same water siphon or net for both?
No, completely separate.
1) I this is my first water change for this tank and did not use the same.

2) I have separate nets.

Like I said, I have not crossed anything due to my betta having ICH

kayla20johnson said:
Alright everyone, I posted about a week ago about have having ICH in my 5gallon betta tank. He is responding very well.

NOW I have started my 55 Gallon tank. The water has low ammonia which I am taking care of, and no signs of nitrate/nitrite. Well, I was examining my fish today who are in the 55g, and 2 of them have white spots on their tail fins and dorsals. Both of them are Tetras.

Now I am just sort of frustrated because the water is brand new, still trying to get a cycle, and has not been contaminated with anything from my other tank.

What the heck? Why is this happening? View attachment 439214
Just realized 3 of them have it. And all 3 of them happen to be from the same store, and are the ones who are supposedly injected with dye.

kayla20johnson

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Puck44 said:
Where do you get your fish from? They could have an ick outbreak or it is a chain store.
It’s a LFS and it has been there for years. They just opened up a new one a couple of hours away; same owners and all.

Puck44

Valued Member
Reaction score
kayla20johnson said:
It’s a LFS and it has been there for years. They just opened up a new one a couple of hours away; same owners and all.
Oh, ok. Do you know how to treat ick?
I am not very knowledgeable on this topic but Someone on here might be able to tell you how.

kayla20johnson

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Puck44 said:
Oh, ok. Do you know how to treat ick?
I am not very knowledgeable on this topic but Someone on here might be able to tell you how.
For a smaller tank, yes. I am treating my 5 Gallon right now. But as for a 55 gallon with multiple fish, I am unsure of how to treat it

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom