Ich In Fish Tank W/shrimp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artieetart

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello all!
So, I recently got 10 cardinal tetras for my second fish tank I had set up not too long ago. It is fully cycled and I had 7 blue velvet shrimp living in it before I put the cardinals in. Today, I was looking at my fish and noticed all of them had ich. I read the sticky about ich and have begun to increase the temp in the tank, but i was wondering how it will affect my shrimp. Will they be okay in 86°F water for two weeks? I don't want them to get cooked or shorten their lifespans significantly or anything, but I don't really have anywhere to put them, and I especially don't want to transfer them to my other fish tank in case they carry the ich to it.

Any answers or advice will be appreciated!! Thanks!

Water parameters are
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrites: 0ppm
Nitrates: 5ppm

P.S. I know the cardinals didn't look all that vibrant at my LFS, but I figured they would start to look better once they came home. They kind of do look slightly more vibrant, but they have ich. Could the ich have appeared because they were stressed from being moved so often? I think my LFS had just gotten cardinals in a few days before I purchased them and brought them home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 6 15.8%

Top Bottom