Ich In A Tank With African Dwarf Frog And Shrimp

Sea hamster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You heard that folks. Ich in my 20 gallon tank containing not only scaleless fish, but also invertebrates like a bamboo shrimp and a frog. What kind of medication treats ich and is not harmful to these more sensitive inhabitants?

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Raise the temp slowly until you get to 85-89. Then use paraguard. Scaleless fish safe. Do this for about 2 weeks. Make sure to take the charcoal out when using this medicine

Sea hamster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I can't I don't have a heater. Sounds stupid I know, but we always relied on our fish acclimating to the house temperature instead of worrying about one specific and constant temperature. Will rehoming the frog and shrimp temporarily while medicating the main tank help a bit?

Last edited:

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Re homing the fish where? That is a good idea but you can stress the fish out more. Plus if they still have ich there's no point in moving them to another tank because you will have to treat that tank as well. Maybe think about getting a heater? It's the best if you want to get rid of ich. Ich comes from poor water quality, over crowded, weak fish, etc.

Sea hamster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
All my fish were fine. Then I brought this seemingly healthy looking black molly and put her in the tank and didn't realize she had one itty bitty white speck on her fin. Now I am all worried about my tank, although to me it seems so silly that a small little speck on her fin would be so disastrous. I quarantined her to a 2 gallon, but I realize it isn't the best home. I know that I should have quarantined before introducing.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom