Ich, DGD, or neither? Should I worry?

cardcrimson

Hi, I purchased a couple of female dwarf gouramis about 4 weeks ago, and had them in a ten gallon quarantine tank. They appeared to be doing very well and after about four weeks I moved them into my 55 gallon community tank. This tank has much better lighting, and I noticed odd white coloration on one of the two females that I hadn't noticed before, and am concerned. The coloration doesn't look like Ich to me, so I looked up white coloration on gourami, and tons of info about Dwarf Gourami Disease popped up. Really scary and disappointed that I'd never heard of it before (wish the LFS had told me about that one).

Is there any reason to be concerned? For what it's worth, she's very active, and eating well.

Thanks!

PS There are a lot of bubbles in the tank, adding random white spots to the pics. . . .

Livebearer08

Hi, I purchased a couple of female dwarf gouramis about 4 weeks ago, and had them in a ten gallon quarantine tank. They appeared to be doing very well and after about four weeks I moved them into my 55 gallon community tank. This tank has much better lighting, and I noticed odd white coloration on one of the two females that I hadn't noticed before, and am concerned. The coloration doesn't look like Ich to me, so I looked up white coloration on gourami, and tons of info about Dwarf Gourami Disease popped up. Really scary and disappointed that I'd never heard of it before (wish the LFS had told me about that one).

Is there any reason to be concerned? For what it's worth, she's very active, and eating well.

Thanks!

PS There are a lot of bubbles in the tank, adding random white spots to the pics. . . .
Looks like hole in the head disease to me.

cardcrimson

Looks like hole in the head disease to me.
Thanks!

Is that common with Dwarf Gouramis? Hadn't heard of that disease, either. From a quick internet search, it appears to be contagious, will it infect livebearers that I have in the tank? Remedies?

FWIW, I don't see any pitting yet, I'll try to get better shots.

cardcrimson

Interestingly, the white areas have pretty much gone away without any treatment. Just a tiny while area at the front of the dorsal fin. Looks and acts very healthy!

DoubleDutch

Interestingly, the white areas have pretty much gone away without any treatment. Just a tiny while area at the front of the dorsal fin. Looks and acts very healthy!
Super !

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TheGeeko
Replies
Views
Crispii
Replies
Views
smee82
Replies