Ich... But not so ichy?

Bettaguy17

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ok, so What may I do to cure my tank? its 36 gallons with about 20 fish, community (Tetras, Silver Dollars, Guppies (lots), Cories, Algae eaters, mollies, and stuff) and it has ich The tempreture is 86 with a bit of aireation, what can I do to make it go away? Some fish don't have it anymore, but others are at their hieght, please help. ???

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with ICH. It's most recommended to increase the tank temperature to 86 and leave it there for a full two weeks. Do two gravel vacuums each week to remove the spores that fall off of the fish and into the substrate. Warmer water requires more oxygen so an air stone/supply line should be added.

ICH may appear worse before it gets better. Even if the fish appear to be free of the parasite, leave the temperature raised for the full two weeks.

Best wishes!
Ken

Too, if you would be so kind as to complete your Aquarium Profile Information it will be a great help to others. You can access the profile by clicking on MY SETTINGS in the blue bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box click on EDIT AQUARIUM INFORMATION.
Thanks!

Bettaguy17

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thank you.. I will soon, but Need urgent help at the moment, I have a goldie in there and he seems to swim slanted, like this: / but has eveything else looking healthy, he is in the same tank, and all, and there is a bubbler so oxygen is still there at 86 degrees, PLEASE HELP

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bettaguy,

It would be a good idea to post your readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, pH. I think you are a bit over stocked and there may be ammonia/cycling issues too.

Goldfish are huge waste producers and should have 20 gallons to itself. Too, they are a temperature fish and the rest of your fish are tropical. This isn't the best combination for a community tank. You may want to take that into consideration too.

Do you have a test kit? The API (liquid) Master Test Kit is most recommended.

How long have you had the tank at 86 degrees?

Ken

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Like Ken said, ICK will get worse before it gets better. You just have to be patient with it, but I understand it cans be frustrating and feels like it hangs around forever. Eventually, it will go away, but it is best to keep the temperature raised for a full two weeks. Good Luck.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads