Ich - Any Other Ways to Treat It?

1. AdamR94 Initiate Member

My fish have white spots however I have used anti white spot treatment, gradually brought up the heat to 29℃ and doing regular water changes but it's Just seems to be spreading does anyone know of any other possible ways to treat this? Any help is much appreciated

2. Castiel* Well Known Member Member

Jungle Ich Guard is what I use! You don't have to raise the tanks temperature and within two days it has always cleared up my tank (usually the first day, but once I had a stubborn case of Ich and it took two days.) Just be careful not to use it on scaleless, weak, or sensitive fish!! They make Ich Guard 2 for the weaker or scaleless fish.

3. AdamR94 Initiate Member

Will they sell it in my local fish shop or is it off a website?

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Are you sure that the fish have ich and not a fngus? Ich looks like the fish has been sprinkled with salt, where fungus is white cottony patches. Higher water temperatures will actually help fungus grow.

5. AdamR94 Initiate Member

Yeah they are like salt grains and seems to be spreading as well

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. Castiel* Well Known Member Member

Definitely they sell it online its actually Jungle ICK Guard. I use the liquid, not the tabs. It does contain malachite green, which may stain some of your decorations, or air line. It stained the seals of my tank teal or blueish green, but it doesn't look bad at all.

I'd give it a try, Ebay should have it or if you have a Wal-Mart locally they usually stock it.