Ich again???

Fisch

So this is really strange.
I had an ich outbreak in my main tank (21 Neons, 5 cory catfish, one BN), the new Neons showed the characteristic white spots.
Treatment 10 days with Aquarium ich-x and daily WC with gravel vacuum. Cories and Pleco never showed signs of ich.
Ich seemed to be resistent, so the neons went into the QT.
Treatment for 10 days with temp at 86° with daily WC and gravel vacuum.
Since 4 weeks they are spot free, I moved them yesterday back into the main tank.
Tonight I see two of the Neons with individual white spots on the fins.
I am freaking just a bit.
Stress ich? What now?
They don't behave stressed, enjoying the space in the 55gl, eating, bickering.
Water parameters are good with A=0, Ni=0, Na<5.
Is my big tank doomed? Shall I move the Neons out again, treat again?

OP
F

Fisch

DoubleDutch said:
Got any pics?
Not such luck yet, just got streaks of red and blue with the camera. Spots at 24 hours after the move is really weird.
No additional spots yet. Maybe scars?
Will continue trying to get a meaningful pic.

OP
F

Fisch

So, one week passed since the Neons are back in the tank. All eight are brilliant in their coloring, appetite is good, activity level is normal. No additional spots on the fins, just the same old ones. I will continue to observe.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Fisch said:
So, one week passed since the Neons are back in the tank. All eight are brilliant in their coloring, appetite is good, activity level is normal. No additional spots on the fins, just the same old ones. I will continue to observe.
Are you refering to white finedges maybe?

OP
F

Fisch

DoubleDutch said:
Are you refering to white finedges maybe?
No, all the Neons have the white fin edges. They are the typical ich spots, only not as white and pronounced. Only two of the Neons have the faint spots, one on the fin tail, the other one on the caudal fin. At this point I decided not to worry about it...

OP
F

Fisch

Ich seems to be my Nemesis....Thank uou for a QT.
Eight Neons moved into the main tank after recovering from ich, and they are doing great. The QT got a big cleaning. Gravel and rocks cooked, new plants, heater bleached.
14 Neons moved into the 10gl tank. Until today I only had daylight on that tank, everything looked healthy until the weekend as one Neon lost a bit of his red color. Today I received my tank light and find sprinkles....
Temperature is increasing right now, we should be at 86 by tomorrow. Onto the journey we go:banghead:
Who in this forum had never any health issues with new fish?

OP
F

Fisch

So fast forward 4 weeks. The 8 Neons in the big tank are looking good, no signs of disease. Eating and chasing each other.
The now down to 11 Neons in QT are sprinkle free since over three weeks, temp is back to 76°-78° and they are all nice sized now. This weekend they will join the 8 Neons in the big tank.
Yeah, down to 3 tanks!!!
So, with this natch no medication, just temperature increase and it worked like a charm. Live and learn.

New Threads