Help I wish I never got these cpds

Mightbearock

Reaction score
Ok, first a quick rundown of my tank, it’s a 20 gallon long that has been running since the new year and completed a fishless cycle in February. I have 2 hob filters (aquaclear 50 and 20). Right now I have approximately 15 cpds, 6 panda corys and some cherry shrimp.

current parameters are
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10-20
Ph 6.6

The tank is moderately planted at this point. I originally started with 24 cpds. I ordered them online and had a slow die off during the first week that I was never able to treat that included clamped fins, sunken bellies, white patches. Eventually I was down to 1 Sick cpd that I removed and euthanized and since that time have had no further issues with them. They have grown well the males look amazing. That is until tonight. I see one cpd with a white patch on her head. It doesn’t look like ich (it’s large and not raised, almost more fungal?) I will try to attach pictures of the tank and fish.

Parameters are fine with API liquid kit. When they were dying off when I first received them I attributed it to shipping stress. It never spread to the panda corys (although I did lose one of those a week ago from swim bladder).

what should I do. I didn’t see it eat tonight but it’s swimming fine so I doubt I’ll be able to catch it without a lot of trauma to the other occupants. I don’t know if it’s worth it to treat the whole tank or to wait until it’s too sick to get away from the net then euthanize. Any suggestions?
I feed the cpds hikarI sinking pellets and fluval bug bites right now. I plan on fresh/frozen foods as well when Is safe to shop again.

Attachments

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Don’t know what it is but what’s your temperature at and do you know your hardness or ideally your TDS?

OP
M

Mightbearock

Reaction score
So the temp right now is 73-74, GH 6 and KH is 0/1 (I have a buffering substrate). TDS is 160.
I do 20% water changes weekly. Sorry I missed some of this info, I was just frustrated to see this come back.

OP
M

Mightbearock

Reaction score
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Don’t know what it is but what’s your temperature at and do you know your hardness or ideally your TDS?
I accidentally replied in a separate message above

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mightbearock said:
So the temp right now is 73-74, GH 6 and KH is 0/1 (I have a buffering substrate). TDS is 160.
I do 20% water changes weekly. Sorry I missed some of this info, I was just frustrated to see this come back.
That all sounds good to me, to be fair I keep mine in less than ideal conditions and haven’t had many problems other than overzealous males. It’s a shame because your setup looks beautiful. That’s all I have so I wish you luck :)

edit: don’t worry about that, you automatically follow threads that you answer.

New Threads