i wish i could have gotten him! (pretty fish u really wanted but couldnt get...)

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Akari_32, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

i was at Pet Supermarket getting Ich meds today and i saw the prettiest betta i've ever seen (besides MMs lol)! he was a light ivory and had a single looooong ray on the front of each pelvic fin! if i didnt kno any better i would have said he was a small gourami with flowy fins lol! i would have bot him but i was useing moms credit card and she wasnt with me and didnt have a phone. stupid mom =( lol

has anyone else ever had to pass up a beauty like this?

2. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

I think everyone on this forum has. :)

3. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

lol i wouldnt doubt it >.< if it was my money, i would have gotten him... lol

4. Furallicah

FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

If I was in my own house....had a stable job....I would have many many fish right now...I've had to pass up dozens before....its heart breaking sometimes...

5. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

it really is! D= especially with something like a betta or goldfish, that u just know is going somewhere where it doesnt have enough room to even move T_T its such a shaaaaame T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T

(dont worry, we're in the same boat XD)

6. Furallicah

Lol, I know thats the worse part is knowing they'll end up some where they dont need to be in....*sigh* One of these days....

7. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

and the worse part was, i was telling mom about him and then she lectured me about how im gunna be like a crazy cat lady and how my house is gunna be run by "animals" and all this stupid crap, but i can tell ya right now, if it was a kid, she woulda scooped it up right then! >=( hmph!

8. Furallicah

Lol I know! My parents already think I'm crazy.....and I just have 8 Aquariums..........Their going to freak when I get my 120gal this fall...lol. They dont care so much as I spend my own money on it....but I can get anything else because of my 120gal later on....but I want to get a Betta from MM sooooo Bad!!!!!!XC

9. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

lol i want a big tank like that. and 8! wow! i only have 2 (and 2 others that are put away but i cant have them up with the others.... bleh....)

i kno! MMs fish are soooo pretty! if only i could get more (and she was in my price range XD)... mom doesnt even want me to take in my friends betta when she leaves for college, but i say i payed for him so i should be alowd to! lol

10. Shine

ShineWell Known MemberMember

....and she says that like its a bad thing!!! :;laughing

I saw a pretty betta that I wanted last week... but told myself 'nooooo... you have no tank for him, you can't get another' *sigh*

Then I was back at the petstore this week and he was still there.... I took that as a sign! LOL --So I had to go pick up another small tank just for him, because I wasn't going to leave him a second time! ;)

ha ha... and these are just pet store bettas! I'd hate to see how many I would run off with if I had access to MMs bettas! :p

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  11. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

my mom is anti-pet and anti-spending-money-on-pets-that isn'ts-absolutly-nessesary (like the vet and fish meds). i was half tempted to ask her if we could go back wendsday and get him if he was still there.... i kno she wont go for it tho... and i even have a tank for him too... -emo- -_-

12. Shine

ShineWell Known MemberMember

:;br .....that strikes me as a bit silly, its not like a single betta costs that much to buy, especially if already have the tank. And I seriously; doubt you are expecting her to take care of your pets for you. I'm not sure how old you are, but once I had a job my parents had me pay all the vet bills for my pets (it really made me appreciate the costs more thats for sure!)... maybe that thought might make her less hostile to pets

The more I read other people's comments about their family's opinions of pets the more I am grateful for my 'pet-obsessed' family. About the only thing I have heard from them that even suggests 'slow down' was the question: "who will take care of them if you go on a trip?" ... prompty followed by an offer for me to take the furries to their place. lol

13. jerilovesfrogs

jerilovesfrogsFishlore VIPMember

lol, well i'm not dealing with my parents anymore.....but it's my husband who thinks it's crazy to have a lot of fish. i only have three tanks, two for bettas, and one 20g. buuuut i guess i do have to "obey" him somewhat, cos i'm a stay at home mom right now. but he needs to learn to appreciate my hobby more!:p

and yes, i have passed up fish before too. especially bettas. i just don't want any of them to be in that cup any longer than necessary. :) i def have the space for more tanks....but the hubby, sigh. thoughi might be able to squeeze one more outta him. lol.

14. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

im almost 17. she does want me to get a job but i dont wunna work anywhere that wont hire 18 year olds ^_^'> i would have piad for the fish (and she knows that!) and all she would have done was buy food and filters when i needed them (which she knows!). tho i was surprised when she said she didnt want to build a new rabbit cage, that she would buy one ( and she knows the one i would want is atleast $200, and she's ok with that. tho if u saw the cage they are in now, u would understand). i ges she thinks i have too much responsibiltiy or something. i take care of all the pets (3 large dogs, 2 rabbits, 8 guppies [tho u kno how that goes XD] and a betta)

15. hooxeii

hooxeiiWell Known MemberMember

For me they don't even have to be pretty. I look into those beady little eyes and wish I could rescue all of them.

It can be hard, but you have to figure that you do as much as you can.

16. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

i ges what my problem is (kinda) is she owned oscars for YEARS (and they can be pretty hard) but i cant save a betta (which really doesnt need that much care) and she wont let me give the little guy a decent home! D=

17. bettalover77Valued MemberMember

Okay if she thinks that i will be killed for my love of animals! I have 1 male betta, 3 female bettas, one unknown betta, one dog, one cat, three chickens, and two birds.

My grandma has two dogs and one male betta fish.

18. OP
    OP
    Akari_32

we (well, I...) have numorous guppies (maybe... 20-30?), 2 Bettas (at the time i started this i only had one), 3 bloodfin Tetras, 1 Opaline Gourami, 2 rabbits and 3 dogs... whats one more betta gunna do? eat 6 more pellets a day? oh no!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice