I wish changing the water was this easy!!!

Discussion in 'Water Changes' started by lucky strike 21, Dec 24, 2012.

1. lucky strike 21

lucky strike 21Well Known MemberMember

2. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Bet that place smells like fish water.

3. LyleBWell Known MemberMember

Interesting and efficient. Seems awful traumatic for the fish. I think I would design it with a larger inlet, less pressure. Unless their goal is to power wash the fish.

4. Ziggi

ZiggiWell Known MemberMember

Shame they dont atleast have the water jets pointing at the wall or something so theres less pressure, but thats pretty cool, bet their feet smell like fish too ;:barf

5. Matt B

Matt BWell Known MemberMember

I would think so! My lfs has a similar setup but the waste lines are all plumbed to floor sinks. In their case I would've at least ran them outside, yuck, walking around in flip flops in all that fish tank water. :anim_40:

6. fishynoob

fishynoobWell Known MemberMember

That seems awfully stressful for the poor fish i like the idea but i think it can be implemented a bit better I kept on yelling at the guys to stop draining the water!! (not that it did any good!)

7. Ziggi

I've seen a grid on the ground so you're walking above the water. :)

8. Matt B

I don't know if that'd be worse! All kinds of fish poop and stuff stuck under a grid!

Maybe a grid above a open trench drain would be better. Or at least a dip in the concrete so you can hose the place out.

9. Ziggi

Well, yeah, the grid would be raised slightly so water could pass below. But I dont think it's that hard to clean: mask and a soft brush. scrub down with a little bleach (outside) once a week or every other week so the gunk is still soft (or use a powerwasher :D ). More work but if you cant reroute the lines like you said, I'd think a strong grid would atleast help. It works for livestock too actually, though maintenance is aLOT harder/dirtier...

I've seen it several places, I personally dont like walking on a grid, but if my options are grid or fishy feet/boots... :) I pick grid!

10. Matt B

I used to raise pigs, sheep and goats so I'm familiar with those, I think the general idea of them is to keep the animals feet out of their own waste, still pretty smelly and unsanitary imo, I would be just as grossed out toe deep in it as ankle deep!

11. OP
    OP
    lucky strike 21

lucky strike 21Well Known MemberMember

I also found this video wow they were hungry  

12. Ziggi

:) Fun! send me a sheep and a goat, please? :D No pigs ... I went to the pig farm on campus for class, when I left I had to wash everything and my hair smelled like chitterlings. It was baaaaad. Ok, I'm done being off topic!

13. AquariaUK

AquariaUKValued MemberMember

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom.

14. plug

plugWell Known MemberMember

This kind of sickens me as I am sure this is where a lot of the fish are bred overseas and shipped out...almost reminds me of a puppy mill...lets make money without caring much about the poor animals

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice