I Went SHOPPING!

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm trying to vary my tanks a bit and wanted another tropical community tank. Went to Petsmart and got 5 red-eyed tetras and 5 neon tetras. Right now, they're in a 20g, but will be swapped with my WCMM and put in a 29g. I plan on going back and getting some ottos for the tank as well

Had a heater fail on a 55 and decided to try at a shubunkin tank again. Bought 3 of them.

In the past several months, I've lost 2 bettas so I bought 2 more this evening. They are each in their own 5g tank.

If finances permit, I plan on driving to a pet store an hour from me to buy 4 more salvini (I already have 1) to put in one of my 55g's as well. If not, I'll handle it next time I'm off work in 2 more weeks. Hoping to eventually get a breeding pair.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thats quite the haul! pictures? (just for kicks!)
I'm hoping to get pics tomorrow once everyone is settled in

And I forgot-I also got another male and 4 female platys for my 29g platy tank. The blue platys have an orange tip on the dorsal fin. They are so stinkin' cute! And they had tiger platies, which I could not and would not pass up. LOL!

CodyJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm hoping to get pics tomorrow once everyone is settled in

And I forgot-I also got another male and 4 female platys for my 29g platy tank. The blue platys have an orange tip on the dorsal fin. They are so stinkin' cute! And they had tiger platies, which I could not and would not pass up. LOL!
Platys are pretty cool I have a couple myself

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
And...I went shopping...AGAIN!

Went to my favorite fish store and came home with....

4 blue acaras
4 texas cichlids
Honduran Red Point pair
1 salvini (last they had)
3 vieja synspilum

Pictures of all the new arrivals should be coming tomorrow after I get my water changes done.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That's a lot of Cichlids ;D what are your plans for them?
Putting them all in a 20g. Just kidding. LOL!

The salvini will have their own 55g, the acara will have their own 55g (with a few rainbowfish), the texas will have their own 55g, the vieja are going in my 90g with my other veija, and the HRP's will be in a 29g by themselves.

Any "extra" pairs can be moved to other tanks if needed until sold at auction. I'm shooting for breeding pairs. I've bred texas and HRP's before.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I've got a Texas hybrid breeding project I'm working on. I like Texas Cichlids
Sweet! Whatcha breeding them to?

The color change during breeding just draws me like a moth to flame. It's unique to the genus, for the most part. Neets do it too.

Cichlidnut

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
There is a very wide verity of traits that can be displayed. If I get a super red Texas, I'd be very happy. There is also the possibility for short bodied Texas and I've seen regular shaped Texas with a BP mouth.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Here are the pics from my 2 shopping sprees. i can't get pics of the neons or red-eyed tetras. They aren't cooperating. Some of the pics aren't that great. It can be difficult to photograph these guys.

The HRP's were sold to me as HRP's. I know they look like convicts. Same genus. I'll know their species for sure when they spawn, although this pet store is pretty good about correctly ID'ing the species they sell.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom