I was wondering if...

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by munozandre92, Apr 7, 2010.

1. m

munozandre92 New Member Member

Im about to get a new tank pretty soon and I want some angelfish and a male cockatoo cichlid, I was wondering if they would get along since this site says that cockatoo cichlids are peaceful unless they're about to breed. That's why i only plan on getting one. It also says that angelfish are peaceful. But i saw somewhere else that angelfish and south american cichlids don't get along at all. This confuses me since both are peaceful.. help?? By the way don't worry I don't plan on getting any of these fish until the nitrogen cycle is completed.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

welcome to FishLore!
    What size tank are you looking to set up. Size has alot to do with whether it will work or not.
    Carol

3. ColumbianShark3

ColumbianShark3 Valued Member Member

Its listed as 50-Gallon tank question :), oh and welcome to FishLore

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Got me I didn't read the whole title :)
    In a tank of 50g it should be fine.
    Carol

5. ColumbianShark3

ColumbianShark3 Valued Member Member

I haven't been here long and iv already had that happen to me:;laughing

6. OP
    OP
    m

munozandre92 New Member Member

Okay thanks alot. :)

7. josh11551

josh11551 Well Known Member Member

i am pretty sure they would go together and it has happened to me aswell Carol.

8. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

I had angel fish and cockatoo cichlids together for three years with no problems. I moved the cockatoos out when both species started spawning...no troubles other than very few fry of either ever survived. The Cockatoos stayed more to the bottom of the tank and the Angels in the middle. The cockatoos would need hiding places to rest in...they don't care for large open spaces.

Actually I had angel fish, Cockatoos and Borelli all in the same tank with no problems, except erritory disputes between the dwarf cichlids...but none of them ever got hurt. It's a 55 gal long tank.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice