I was stupid, how does this sound for new stocking?

bettadreams

K, so, last week I went out to my LPS and got some of these guys:

2021-06-01.jpeg

Bala Sharks... I had no idea they got up to 1'+ smh
I'm taking them back on Thursday bc my tank is only 47 gallons

current stocking:
10 silvertip tetras
1 BNP (I think, might be common)
3 bloodfin tetras l:
3 Bala Sharks l-:

new stocking idea:
3 cherry barbs
7 (more) bloodfin tetras
1 albino BNP
6 Buenos arise tetras (I'll explain)
6 glo-tetras (I'll explain)
would it be overstocked?

my grandfather has a 40-gallon bow-front tall tank, its stocking 15+ guppies, 1 Glowlight Tetra, 2 Buenos Aries tetras, and 2 Glo-tetras, he said I could have whatever fish I wanted from his tank, so, I'm choosing the tetras, of course, bc they don't deserve to live in stress (his water is hard, our's is soft)

fallfever

Good move with the sharks. I don't think you are necessarily overstocked but you'll want plenty of filtration (I double mine, but that's just opinion). You do have a lot going on in the middle of the tank and BA's can be larger and a bit nippy, just to be aware. And I'd second adding to your stock of barbs....they do much better in groups.

Upvote 0

JettsPapa

my grandfather has a 40-gallon bow-front tall tank, its stocking 15+ guppies, 1 Glowlight Tetra, 2 Buenos Aries tetras, and 2 Glo-tetras, he said I could have whatever fish I wanted from his tank, so, I'm choosing the tetras, of course, bc they don't deserve to live in stress (his water is hard, our's is soft)

What makes you think tetras are stressed in hard water?

Upvote 0

bettadreams

What makes you think tetras are stressed in hard water?
The maximum of 10 degrees of general hardness makes the aquarium water beneficial for your Tetras. However, if your tank has a high form of water, the Tetras can adjust to medium-hard water. But it will be safe if you provide them soft water only.
Why? If it's because there are no bristles, they don't usually get bristles for a few months.

They prefer a larger school.

Almost all fish can live in hard water.

No, I don't think so.

2021-06-01.jpegthis is her

ok

yep, ik, but arn't they gonna be happier in soft water?

good!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Moonee
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Stocking ideas
Replies
Views
AverageAquarist22
  • Question