I Wanted An Aquarium...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aux10, Apr 11, 2017.

1. A

Aux10 New Member Member

2. Alhana

Alhana Valued Member Member

Oh wow, is that a common occurrence with that type of filter? I know that in paper there is a lot of sugar but what might there be in the filter that would attract the ants?

3. OP
    OP
    A

Aux10 New Member Member

There's nothing in there for them to eat, they set up camp in there. All those little white/yellow things you see are larva. I'm gonna re upload the images, they got downsized a little too much it seems.

Edit: Ok, done, that's much better.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  4. l

lol Valued Member Member

Lol, did you end up with ants in your tank?

5. OP
    OP
    A

Aux10 New Member Member

No but that would have been great fish food.

6. Alhana

Alhana Valued Member Member

Thanks for making the pictures bigger, I did try to click on them but I thought originally I was doing something wrong. Is that first picture the reason you were suspicious? Or did you just go to clean out your filter and... surprise!

7. OP
    OP
    A

Aux10 New Member Member

Yeah, that line of ants was the first sign and then I followed them to my filter. I noticed they were getting into it so I took it outside and popped it open. then I found the ants crawling all over the the hollow space around the seals so I disassembled the power head's casing and HOLY S@%#!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice