I want to understand kelvin and full spectrum.

Chiasmodon

Im new in lighting.. Now im having trouble growing my plants..I Cant afford expensive LED light for planted tanks so Im now searching growlight for indoor plants which are way more cheaper..

I have found a full spectrum Growlight(LED) so I assume the color it emits is 'white' (around 4000k- 5000k) but.. It seems the one I found emits yellowish white light according to the image (edited) that the seller showed me.. Im not sure about this.

Victorzz

You may find this article helpful: Choosing the best light spectrum for planted tanks.

In short, different colors of light matter more for how the plants look than how they grow. PAR is what matters for growth.
Thank you!I recommend buying 6500k lights, and it is best to choose a light that can adjust the brightness and color.

kallililly1973

I second if your looking to have nice aquatic plants look for a light that can give you 6500kelvin thats what we always went with and have had great results. I also tried to understand the Par and Kelvins and there is just too many mixed opinions. 8 hours with a 6500 Kelvin light will make make some happy beginner plants.. Then as u venture into more red plants i believe CO2 might be the way to go.

Victorzz

I also think 6500k is the best choice!
I second if your looking to have nice aquatic plants look for a light that can give you 6500kelvin thats what we always went with and have had great results. I also tried to understand the Par and Kelvins and there is just too many mixed opinions. 8 hours with a 6500 Kelvin light will make make some happy beginner plants.. Then as u venture into more red plants i believe CO2 might be the way to go.

Chiasmodon

I also think 6500k is the best choice!
I bought White + Pink, Red, blue at full-spectrum and White is dominant. I noticed that my plant starts to release oxygen (pearling) which tells me that the plant is now finally undergoing photosynthesis. I usually buy Green plants and never kept any red plants because red plants are demanding.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
RedOnion
  • Question
Replies
Views
aquachris
Replies
Views
sparklepixie