I want to start a new saltwater aquarium

Colbyxxs

I want to start a saltwater aquarium in my 20g , but am curious as to other peoples way of doing things. I know of a few different methods. But what’s the best way you guys think? We weren’t thinking of getting anything crazy, just maybe a few clown fish & a few others possible in time. But we wanted coral obviously, and some anemones.
Thank you guys so much.

MyFishAddiction

So in your title you said a 'new'. Have you done this before?
fish 321 has a saltwater tank. I know there are others but i cant remember.

Jesterrace

I want to start a saltwater aquarium in my 20g , but am curious as to other peoples way of doing things. I know of a few different methods. But what’s the best way you guys think? We weren’t thinking of getting anything crazy, just maybe a few clown fish & a few others possible in time. But we wanted coral obviously, and some anemones.
Thank you guys so much.
Do a fishless cycle with ammonia and a bacteria source, go with Dry Rock to save money and avoid pests, use RODI water to avoid potential algae issues and it will offer a clearer display, a powerhead is a must to help keep things like Cyanobacteria aka Red Slime Algae from forming.

As for the clownfish stick to just one pair of clownfish for that tank (and only the Ocellaris or Percula varieties). Any more than that is likely to cause long term problems in a tank that size (ie picking each other off). Anemones are actually more hassle than just about any beginner caliber corals. They generally require bright light and a well established tank to do well long term. They also have a tendency to go where you don't want them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
  • Question
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies