i want to make a divided tank

1. lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

i want to make a divider for a 10 gallon tank for 2 male bettas. how would i do this? what material should i use i tried a plastic like material but it ended up falling apart. i really want to cut down my maintenance by combineing 2 tanks into one tank while also upgrading each betta with 5 gallons each but prevent fighting. please help.

2. renthus Well Known Member Member

3. lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

thank you

4. lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

ok so i went out and did this it uses suction cups instead of a binder holder but it works ok. it took all day to do the divider patched a few holes and planted it a bit. when i get more time ill really plant it so i can have a double decker betta garden with my sorority on top and males on the bottom
    photo (9).JPG

5. renthus Well Known Member Member

As long as it's snug, it should be fine. It actually took me a lot of fiddling to get mine just right -- For the first few days, my boys kept getting into each other's sections. Luckily there wasn't any violence, or even flaring.

6. lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

ya that happened twice to be my red male thought my placket was a female and attempted to mate than got chased around lol but no harm dont

7. FiscCyning Member Member

I'm probably misunderstanding you, but do you mean in a single tank? Bettas need to be able to get to the surface to breathe, so all dividers need to be put in vertically so each fish can access the surface. A horizontal divider that makes two levels would prevent the bottom bettas from getting air.

8. lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

i have a double stand one tank on to and one on the bottom

9. FiscCyning Member Member

Haha good! I figured I was misunderstanding your post since you know more about fishkeeping than that! Glad to know I was just being dense ;)

10. lollipopkiller Well Known Member Member

lol its fine an easy mistake i probly would have done that in my earlier years