I want to know if they are pregnant or not? I just install the aquarium so i dont know much about fish. Can you guys help me?

Gel0city

Could be pregnant, but when I had pregnant guppies their bellies became huge! If this isn't her first time dropping I would expect her stomach to become larger. Hiding behind plants and staying at the bottom of the tank is a good sign that she is pregnant.

vampireshrimpfan

what type of fish is it.

Gel0city

vampireshrimpfan said:
what type of fish is it.
Looks like a female swordtail to me. You could wait for the OP though.

mukg

Those seem like female platy/swordtail variants. Not swollen enough to say that the red is definitely pregnant. They usually have a dark gravid spot near the belly and like to seclude themselves from the group when close to giving birth

Gel0city

In the first picture I think there is a male swordtail hiding behind the decoration. Keep the water clean and feed her normally, she will be hiding more and more. Don't stress her out and please do not use a breeder box, because she can abandon her fry if she does not feel comfortable. With more plants such as guppy grass or hornwort the fry will survive for a long time, in my experience.

Sujeet17

Gel0city said:
Could be pregnant, but when I had pregnant guppies their bellies became huge! If this isn't her first time dropping I would expect her stomach to become larger. Hiding behind plants and staying at the bottom of the tank is a good sign that she is pregnant.

qldmick

there are lots of threads on this in here, if their of age and have been kept with males at all they will be pregnant, its just a matter of how close to giving birth they are.

Sujeet17

Its her first time so i think she is pregnant and she have some dark spot at her abdomen so i guess she is pregnant.

Gel0city

Guppies and swordtails have a gravid spot (which is that dark spot) when they are not pregnant. During birth that spot will become darker and their stomach will swell (it will be obvious when you compare the pregnant to other fish). If you have males and females together for livebearers, you will get endless fry. Make sure you have somewhere to keep them.

Top Bottom