i want these fish

1. jpatt50 Member Member

pretty new to fish keeping but im getting a 55 gal and i wanted to stock it with mainly angelfish, maybe a pleco or two, and possibly clown loaches. is this a good combo and if so how many??

2. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

The angels and the pleco are fine, avoid a common pleco as they can get over 24inches. I would look for Bushy Nose plecos myself. The clown loaches I'm sorry to say will get much to big for that tank in the long run. Yes all the fish would get along but you would have some very stunned clowns by the end of it.

With a well planted tank I would think you could do

3-4 angels
    a couple of nice schools of fish
    BN pleco
    Some other lower water species such as cories or other loaches.

3. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I agree everything except the clown loaches is possible.

Personally I'd only do two angels just because if two pair off then the other 1-2 could get bullied.

..I'd do something like this (I'd do a planted tank too)

-2 Angels
    -2 Kribensis Cichilds or Rams?
    -10 Scissor tail tetras or maybe hatchet fish
    -10 Snakeskin Barbs or cherrys if you can't find snakeskins
    -10 Cory cats
    -1 BN pleco (or maybe a clown pleco or a rubber lip)

then maybe a couple mollys just for a little pop of color and activity. You shouldn't have to worry about babies with the angels.

4. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

ooo I like that list!

I love my Krib, he is the star of the tank that he is in

5. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I use to just have a male now I have two pairs of kribs in my 125 (one regular pair and an albino pair) they have colored up SO much since I added more. Its amazing how much prettier my male got when I added him a female.

6. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I was thinking of adding a female if I can find one. Very peaceful as a single in the tank thou

7. cameronpalte Member Member

Avoid the common pleco, and try to get a bottle nose pleco as the above said. That being said, also beware of pleco's because they poop machines.

8. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Do you mean Bristle Nose Pleco? hehe

9. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I believe he meant 'bottle nose dolphin' :p