I Want More Fish, What Would You Recommend?

1. Xsolidice

Xsolidice New Member Member

I established my 75G, cycled it with a fishless cycle and old filter media from another tank, and everything is good to go! About 2 weeks ago I put in 4 juvenile (about an inch or so) blue acaras, and 2 koi angels (1 inch long, maybe 3 inches tall). They all seem to get along just fine. I threw in 7 of my Khuli loaches that I had in my 29G, and they literally sleep under the acaras in the driftwood and fake logs. They all get along swimmingly.

Soooo, now what? I want a pleco or 2. I was thinking of getting a red spotted severum, but I feel like it might outgrow the community of acaras and angels. I know they'll get along ok, but a 12 inch fish is still quite big compared to the rest. What would you get next?

I was thinking about 2 firemouths, but they don't usually get along with angels. Some german blue rams maybe? A catfish type fish? I'm a fan of variety, but I don't want to get just 1 fish without at least giving it an opportunity for it to pair up.. I know, hopeless romantic and all, but we all need a friend, you know? :)

2. Retro

Retro New Member Member

Definitely some oto cats to prevent/maintain algae, corydoras and bristlenoses for floor maintenance, rope fish are cool, and albino ghost knives look awesome.

3. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I wouldn't do ropefish or knifefish.
    Firemouths would be fine.

4. OP
    OP
    Xsolidice

I like where your head is at.. you're talking right up my alley of interesting fish. The ropefish are sweet looking, I just don't want anything to mess with my khuils. I know cories would be fine with everyone, but they're just so.. common and plain? Maybe a clown loach or 2. But man they get pretty big too, and I wouldn't want them to confuse a khuli for a blood worm. I actually have a few otos I can transfer from my 29G to my 75. I just don't want to get a severum or even a full grown acara or firemouth down the road and have them see the oto as a bite sized snack.

5. OP
    OP
    Xsolidice

Why not? I have legit never really researched them

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

They wouldn't be good tankmates for the other fish you want, imo.

7. Retro

Retro New Member Member

Yeah, a ropefish would prolly treat those kulli's like tasty little gummi worms. Oto's may even be on the menu for um after awhile. I had a ropefish years back and was good for monthes til i kept waking up to missing fish and him swimming around with that smug look on his face.