I want a couple more fish for 20L

Rammsteinfan

After some water issues and finally getting my tank cycled last weekend I bought some residents for it. I bought 5 harlequin rasboras, 6 ghost shrimp, and 2 zebra loaches (all they had). I’ve really been enjoying this tank especially with the feedings. The shrimp have been having eggs develop. Got one called Big Momma.
I’m wanting to add a few more fish just to give it that extra pop. I’m just not sure what to add or how many. I’m going to wait a while though before adding. My son is wanting either some neons or cardinal tetras but they don’t really meet our water parameters. I need something that can handle an 7.8-8pH, 4GH, 10KH, and 75-77degrees.

BigManAquatics

Is that 20 Liter or 20 long?

ruud

So you bought zebra loaches because that's all they had.

Care to share an image of your tank?

Rammsteinfan

It’s a 20 long. I only bought 2 of the loaches since they didn’t have more in. I want to get 2 more of them.
I’ll apologize for the ugly setup with a Beetlejuice poster behind it. I have driftwood that I’m currently leaching and plan on putting in the tank and arrange the plants around it. My son picked out some of the stuff which will probably come out later on.

Attachments

• 86FAC670-5884-4479-95C9-500093077578.jpeg
    86FAC670-5884-4479-95C9-500093077578.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 15
  • 5473ACA7-030F-41F5-BE46-A6D563894B65.jpeg
    5473ACA7-030F-41F5-BE46-A6D563894B65.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 9AAC883A-7A8F-4BDC-A8C3-E8C384E2E4B5.jpeg
    9AAC883A-7A8F-4BDC-A8C3-E8C384E2E4B5.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 16

ruud

I'm no loach expert, but these are very young specimen if you know what I mean...

(place a window screen behind your glass panel to block whatever is behind your tank, but still benefit from light being able to pass through it)

Rammsteinfan

They are small. For all I know and the person that sold them to me that they could be something else.
Once Halloween is over then there will be a plain white wall behind it. I had a cover on the back but just didn’t care for it.

otterblue

So you bought zebra loaches because that's all they had.

Care to share an image of your tank?

I believe the OP means he bought only two loaches because that's "all the loaches they had". As in, he would've bought more of them, but there were only two.

ruud

I believe the OP means he bought only two loaches because that's "all the loaches they had". As in, he would've bought more of them, but there were only two.

Yes, that would also be a valid interpretation.

Although the subsequent remark "For all I know and the person that sold them to me that they could be something else." makes me think otherwise....

Edit: makes me think both interpretations are valid :).

Rammsteinfan

They only had two left in stock. I wanted 4 kuhli loaches but they don’t sell them. These were listed as gold zebra loaches even though they look pretty small. The worker thought there was three in the tank but after chasing the two around she didn’t see any others. She also said they get 3-4 inches long. They must be pretty young or a different type of fish. They had some tanks missed labeled.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ruud
Replies
Views
MGGG00
Replies
Views
RayClem
  • Question
Replies