I used be have Salt Water for 6 months and...

DefFishLover

Reaction score
I fed up and too hard taking care of Saltwater.. I cant handle it :-\ but I use the Fresh Water for one year have a Common Oscars Fish 8 inches. I love it..

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
alrighty

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Saltwater tanks are definitely much more work intensive than fresh water but glad you found some type of fish keeping you enjoy. I understand oscars are very intelligent and in the right tank very responsive to their owners.
Carol

Terry

Valued Member
Reaction score
Butterfly said:
Saltwater tanks are definitely much more work intensive than fresh water but glad you found some type of fish keeping you enjoy. I understand oscars are very intelligent and in the right tank very responsive to their owners.
Carol
That's sure the truth about Saltwater being work intensive! I never appreciated the "ease" of taking care of a Freshwater tank till I just got into Saltwater. But, as long as you're enjoying your Oscars that's what's important.

Terry

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is true - I nearly gave up! I didn't feel clever enough hahaha All this chemistry of the water and the physics of light waves got me. Wish I had paid attention at school :-[

I'm glad now that I have kept it up - everyone has been so helpful. You've just got to take it slowly and read and read and read ;D

Good luck with your oscars though! I have a long large tank outside int he garden that i want to have as an oscar tank but mum would go nuts so I will have to wait until my own house hehe :

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom