I used a test strip to test my spit

EntirelyEm

I was doing a water change on my aquarium yesterday and I tested the water afterwards (as I usually do, to make sure that nothing has changed too drastically if at all) When I was done reading the results my friend picked up the test strip and it changed colors where her finger touched one of the little pads! She got the genius idea to test her spit with the test strips and we had fun. I noticed when we did the ammonia test strip it was darker than the key for the results? It was weird. The water hardness of our saliva was Very Hard according to the test which makes a lot of sense now that i think about it but for some reason it blew my mind at the time lol. It was really interesting to do and I'd actually recommend it to anyone with too much time on their hands

BigManAquatics

Curiosity is fun! This is why i would check out scaps and stuff when i had a microscope handy.

Upvote 0

2fishinabowl

I was doing a water change on my aquarium yesterday and I tested the water afterwards (as I usually do, to make sure that nothing has changed too drastically if at all) When I was done reading the results my friend picked up the test strip and it changed colors where her finger touched one of the little pads! She got the genius idea to test her spit with the test strips and we had fun. I noticed when we did the ammonia test strip it was darker than the key for the results? It was weird. The water hardness of our saliva was Very Hard according to the test which makes a lot of sense now that i think about it but for some reason it blew my mind at the time lol. It was really interesting to do and I'd actually recommend it to anyone with too much time on their hands
Wow. You guys need to get out of the house. Haha! :eek:

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
Replies
Views
jetsetwilly76
Replies