I Urgently Need Some Advice...

1. B

BettaObsession Initiate Member

Good morning everyone, I am so desperate I had to join. So recently I've stumbled over a problem, I have a 20 gallon with 8 female bettas and 3 albino Cory cats. A few days ago I noticed some of my beautiful babies were beginning to pine cone so I took them out and placed them in quarantine. Before I continue I should add that I recently purchased an African dwarf frog and prior to him being placed in the tank temporarily until I could free up my 5 gallon tank, everyone was doing fine. Is it possible he is responsible? So anywho as each day goes by I notice another one of my bettas looks very lethargic and I just don't know what to do. I've already lost 3 and it looks like I might loose another 2 pretty soon, somebody please help.

2. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Hi and welcome. Hopefully someone here can give you the help you need!

First of all, how long has your tank been running? Do you know what the parameters are? How often do you perform water changes and how much do you change each time?

It sounds to me so far like your tank has a bacterial infection and you're likely going to need antibiotics to treat it.

3. OP
    OP
    B

BettaObsession Initiate Member

4. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Your reply is missing.