I tweet my water test results 60 Gallon Tank

1. josephdurnal Member Member

I use a lot of social media sites. Well, sort of use them, really, only facebook, but I use twitter to update statuses on all of them.

I "tweet" about all sorts of things. Recently, I started tweeting the results of my water tests.

http://twitter.com/josephdurnal/status/6223117742

After doing some searches on twitter, I think I'm the only one who has ever done this. :)

2. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Hee hee, well done for being the first, and why not? You might inspire others to keep an eye on their own water results...

3. josephdurnal Member Member

Its a good thing to do. I know I didn't do it back when I started 15 or 16 years ago. Just didn't have the $ for test kits when I was a kid. Often came down to, fish food, or test kit, actual fish, or test kit. I did have a PH test kit back then because our well water was really acidic, off the chart low PH :) used baking soda to bring it up, needed to test to make sure it was consistant.

4. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Hee hee, me too, never used to, but then I had to when one of my bettas got ill. It's a good way for you to keep track too, I'm sure there's a place to see all the tweets you've posted (not used it in so long I can't remember!)

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Tweeting water test results, that's definitly an original idea. I keep a log of mine, but I don't post them anywhere. Excel has been a great friend in fishkeeping for sure;)