I think something is growing on my shipreck

1. P

Poseidonas New Member Member

Hi everyone

Thanks for your help in advance. Should I be concerned? See photo. Few info beforehand: our prime from seachem was sold to us expired, so our fish kept dying after 1 day. Our parameters and temperature were fine, but it seems that the prime was causing the death after having a conversation with an ichthyologist. He suggested a 50% water change and add some aquarium salt. After 3 days it should've been fine. Let me know what you think, or what other info you need from me.

Attached Files:

2. I love my puffer

I love my puffer Valued Member Member

I've seen that before and I believe it's normal:) give it a good wash(SOAP is BAD, just use water;))

keep me updated:)

i love my puffer

3. OP
    OP
    P

Hello my friend

Thank you for the follow up, now I can sleep in peace:)

4. I love my puffer

Anytime;)

Sent from my XT1030 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. I love my puffer

Also make sure you keep the tank very. Clean as this might have been the issue;)

6. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

7. aHumanBeing

aHumanBeing Well Known Member Member

I assume you are talking about that fuzzy stuff on the mast of the ship? If anything is growing on the ship you should probably take that little boat out for the time being.

8. delta5

delta5 Well Known Member Member

Looks like white fungus found in cycling tanks with ph around or lower than 7.

9. I love my puffer

Yes. Just clean and let sit out. Should be fine:)

Sent from my XT1030 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

10. OP
    OP
    P

@delta should I be worried?

Sent from my STUDIO 5.0e using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

11. delta5

delta5 Well Known Member Member

Just clean it off during water changes and vac your gravel really good. What is happening is your BB gives an opening for an algae, fungus bloom. This happened to a 7ph tank I had and brown algae/fungus in a 8.2ph. From my exp this happens around mid cycle and too much sun light. If you were to put a corner of the tank in direct sunlight you'd see that spot get much worse. Eventually it'll go away, but can still pop up with too much sunlight. My AQ50 still gets a little brown buildup in the intake tube from sunlight.

12. OP
    OP
    P

Hi Delta5

Thank for your response. I will clean it thoroughly. As for my parameters they are fine, just a high Ph 7.6. I am trying to lower it to 6.8. Also, on my air pumps, I noticed a white jellyish coat thing being developed, so I assume its the same thing right? Some cleaning would fix the problem I assume. (This isn't dangerous right? White fungus that is).

Hello aHumanBeing

Yes, I am referring the white fuzzy stuff on the mast. I hope its not dangerous. I rinsed and clean it thoroughly.

13. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

14. OP
    OP
    P

Rivieraneo

Thank you for the info my friend. I will look it up.

Sent from my STUDIO 5.0e using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app