I Think My Platys Are Sick Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Aj52, May 20, 2018.

1. Aj52

Aj52 New Member Member

I have a 30 gallon tank, with 3 guppies 2 neon tetra my two Platy a sword tail and a sucker fish ( pleco) all is well in my tank I believe , did a water change all readings are normal but the two platy are hiding behind the plants and sitting at the bottom of the tank .. they were fine yesterday and one seems a little more active then the other but I'm not sure what's going on

2. fishfanatic15

fishfanatic15 Valued Member Member

Do you have any pictures of them?

Are they still eating, are they bloated?

Are you aware that neon tetras are schooling fish and need to be in groups of 5-6+?

Also "sucker fish" or common plecos can get to be 18in long! They need to live in 55gal min tank when they are very young but would need to constantly moved into bigger tanks, they are really best suited for ponds.

What are you using to test the water?

3. OP
    OP
    Aj52

Aj52 New Member Member

they are still eating and they don't look bloated , I had 5 neon tetra but lost 3 a month ago .. and I know how big my sucker fish could get ( he was not my idea ) a gift for my son from his dad .. I use a api test kit

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice