29 Gallon Tank I think my mollie is pregnant, but no babies???

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello!!!!!!!! I have a male and a female mollie in my tank and I think my female is pregnant. She has been this way for many days....well about 3 weeks... she has the dark gravid spot and she has been looking squareish...i moved her in a seperate tank , then i had to move her back and im not sure what i should do...... i really need help ..... THANKS !!!!!!!!!

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
well, if you want to keep the fry then you are going to need some grow out tanks and they will need to be separated. if you dont want to keep the fry, just leave her in the main tank and see how everything plays out. unfortunately i don't know much about breeding so that's really all i can tell you

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you ! But i plan to keep the babies and i do have a separate tank full of plants.

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
thats good! in that case, you'll need some newly hatched brine shrimp, if my memory serves me, to feed the babies.

if you look at the comments there is some good info on breeding and the fry

Toxic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The plant tank will be perfect for the fry, they can also eat finely ground (between your fingers) flake food if needed, the fry will also munch on algea. The mother may eat the fry also, do you have any plants in the tank with her now ? don't move her from the tank she is in, she may abort the birth due to stress. just keep an eye out for the fry to transfer them to the other tank.

CHoffman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Since your tanks are extremely over stocked I wouldn't try raising any fry...I would concentrate on getting your current tank in order..You have allot of fish in that 5 gallon tank. I would be finding them new homes..Of the fish you have listed in your 5 gallon tank none of them will be ok..they all need bigger homes...The tetra's would be ok in a 10 gallon if you had them in a school but the rest of the fish need 20gallons or more.

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HEY !!!!! CHoffman btw i dont have all those fish in the 5 gallon lol !!!!!!!! i have hem in a 29 wich i know i still to small, i am working on getting them new homes because they cant be mixed.

Amanda

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow, they are a bit overstocked. I have 2 BR parrots...ina 55 gal. They get large.

CHoffman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That's good to hear you gave them a bigger tank......Good job at finding t hem new homes too...Which ones are you planning on keeping??

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I Dont Know About Him .......... I Kind Of Like Him, Its Amaing How You Can Become Attach To A Fish...... He Will Get Big Though. ???

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yeah, for that many parrots you're going to need a pretty big tank, the get anywhere from 6-8 inches, and with four you're going to need at least a 55 gallon tank.

Amanda

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
CapeKate has 4 BR Parrots, and she's getting a 120 gal. for them to be moved to.
I only have 2 in my 55, and that's a lot. They are cichlids, so they can get aggressive with eachother.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom