I Think My Cat Drank My Fish Lol

Kysarkel000

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I was at my LFS and got some free guppy fry. I brought them home and situated them in their tank (a rimless 5g). I check on them later that night and they all seem fine and accounted for.

The next day, I wake up and come out into the living room to see my cat drinking the water out of the tank. I yell at him and spray him with my awesome water bottle that goes all the way across the room, and continue with my morning.

When I finally get a chance to check up on the fish, I can't find one of the guppy fry and immediately look at the cat like really dude

It's the only explanation I have lol
Here's the culprit, so "innocent" and "unassuming" haha
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190325141714247_COVER.jpg

Fishcat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Probably didn’t even notice it on the way down.
Our big orange boy got very overexcited when we got corys, and tried to eat one of them through the glass. I don’t think he ever figured out what he was doing wrong.

Lagjeg

Reaction score
Oh gosh. I found my cats twin. He loves watching the fish, but he’s getting a little too curious now.

RHONDA PIMENTEL

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well I can add to this. My buddy "Gunther " in my pic when he was a baby. Which I had to bottle feed him for 3 wks (he was abandoned). He sits in front of the tanks and cannot for the life of him figure out, where are they...when they swim to back of tank he tries to look for them in back of it and can't understand why they aren't there. Too funny!

Amber1012

Reaction score
So I was at my LFS and got some free guppy fry. I brought them home and situated them in their tank (a rimless 5g). I check on them later that night and they all seem fine and accounted for.

The next day, I wake up and come out into the living room to see my cat drinking the water out of the tank. I yell at him and spray him with my awesome water bottle that goes all the way across the room, and continue with my morning.

When I finally get a chance to check up on the fish, I can't find one of the guppy fry and immediately look at the cat like really dude

It's the only explanation I have lol
Here's the culprit, so "innocent" and "unassuming" hahaView attachment 563616
The mother fish eat their young. Could of been the mother fish and if not and your cat ate the fish, you should always have a lid for your aquarium. I have four cats and two aquariums and I have never had a single issue.

Kysarkel000

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The mother fish eat their young. Could of been the mother fish and if not and your cat ate the fish, you should always have a lid for your aquarium. I have four cats and two aquariums and I have never had a single issue.
I got the baby guppies for free from the LFS, so I don't have a momma guppy. All thats in there are 2 pygmy corydoras (waiting to go into the other tank, that has a lid, with 6 more), 3 red cherry shrimp, and a mystery snail.

The tank is on a fireplace that the cat can normally sit on, so I'm training him to stay off it now. He's been doing really good. I cover the tank with a storage tote lid when I'm away to keep him "honest".

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
my cat would lick my betta as she drank from his tank lol. had to put mesh over the gap to get her to stop (plus she made him jump out of the tank once oof)

20190413_111746.jpg

Smack442

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Threads like this make wish my cat was interested in my tank, but at the same time in glad she isn't

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom