Funny I Think My Black Mollies Love Their Daddy?

Fljoe

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my 55 gallon isn’t fully stocked yet. I have 10 Black Mollies , 7 black neon Tetra and 4 Glowlight Tetra. Sometimes I like to sit in front of the tank and watch my fishies.
The Black Mollies come front and center. And get very active. The Tetra couldn’t care less. They follow my finger as I run it across the glass! Is this wishful thinking, or do they just want to be fed? Lol

default-fish

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
they know the food comes from the finger(s).....

the cichlids and bettas at work do this with me all the time, sometimes i cant help but hope they want me to take them all home

Fljoe

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
default-fish said:
they know the food comes from the finger(s).....

the cichlids and bettas at work do this with me all the time, sometimes i cant help but hope they want me to take them all home
I’m going to get a couple juvenile angels this weekend as my focal fish. From what I’ve read they should be ok with smaller fish like my Tetras? Is that correct? I do like fish that interact with me.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fljoe said:
I’m going to get a couple juvenile angels this weekend as my focal fish. From what I’ve read they should be ok with smaller fish like my Tetras? Is that correct? I do like fish that interact with me.
Most if not all fish will eat anything small enough to fit in there mouth so your angel might snack on you tetras.

Fljoe

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
smee82 said:
Most if not all fish will eat anything small enough to fit in there mouth so your angel might snack on you tetras.
I’ve read in here that if you introduce angels while they are young, they won’t see tetra as food. It’seems to be a mixed census. Some people say they are successful with angels and Tetras.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its possible that if you keep your angels well fed they might not snack on your tetras but everyone i now personally who has kept angels with small fish has lost the smaller fish.

Another thing to keep in mind with angels is their long fins are prime targets by fin nipping fish.

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In general a combination of angels and tetras should be okay. But give both species space in the tank. A combination of these two makes the tetras shoal more.
Especially, when angels are put in at a young age, they'll get so used to smaller tank mates.
But space is more of importance. Smaller swimming space makes angels more cranky. And will bite or chase smaller tank mates faster.
I'm so used to it that overhere ever since the 1970's when most families had a fish tank, a combination of angels and tetras have been kept with hardly serious problems. Even at shows we still make this combination.

default-fish

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i also think the angels and tetras will be fine, especially if theyre introduced as juveniles. just be prepared if something goes wrong ^^

Fljoe

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
default-fish said:
i also think the angels and tetras will be fine, especially if theyre introduced as juveniles. just be prepared if something goes wrong ^^
Will do! Thanks

Fljoe

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok so I added a pair of small angels on Thursday. Right away the black neon Tetras group got even tighter and stayed away. The Black Mollies got into a group that the hardly ever do. But they were staring down the angels. The smallest fish, the Glowlight Tetra showed no fear and got close to the angels as to say hello! Lol now as of Saturday everyone is calm and relaxed. The neons group isn’t as tight. The mollies are relaxed looking for algae. The angels are minding their business.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom