I think my betta is the odd one out

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well i think Bruce is the odd betta here he will eat any thing he's like a puppy. Its getting had to feed the corys he eats the sinking waffers!!!!!and dosen't let the corys have any of the waffer i just dont know what to do.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Feed Bruce at one end of the tank while you are dropping the sinking wafer in with your other hand. See if that works, I hope so because otherwise you are going to have a little problem controlling his eating. I think maybe he will leave them alone after they have started to go to pieces.

If you are breaking the wafer into pieces, try leaving it whole and maybe he will leave it alone after he sees it is too big for him.

Let us know how he is doing and how the Cories are.

Rose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow I've never heard of a Betta like that!
If he is preventing the Cories from eating, try one of these tricks:
Drop in the wafers after lights out.
Break the wafer into 2 or 3 pieces and drop them in different places so Bruce can only hog one piece.

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
He is eating it whole just biting small bits off at a time. Tomorrow i will try feeding him by hand. I should also see if he likes peas because he like his blood worms (freeze dried) and Bio Gold pellets and the Hikari sinking wafers boy is he not picky. Should I break up the wafers? The corys are doing great one might be filling up with eggs !

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He is eating the whole wafer?! That can't be good. That is WAY too much food for one fish. See if dropping it in at night helps. Though in my experience once a fish gets a taste for catfish food there is no stopping them...I'm lucky that I have Otos in my 10g and not Cories so I can feed them veggies...drop a wafer in the tank and the Guppies & Platys will eat it in an hour!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Let us know how this comes out! Bruce is a little glutton - that he is. (but we love him anyway) He cannot keep eating this way though or he will make himself sick. If he won't stop he may have to have the tank to himself, is there a way to do that?

Rose

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
so he doesn't eat them off the floor of the tank? If that is the case then my bettas do that too, they are after anything that looks like it might go into their mouths and tummies, but they do not eat it. If Bruce wants to eat a little of it it certainly will not hurt him but he does need to leave some for the Cories. He sounds like he is keeping you entertained. You are a good Betta dad, you can keep him under control.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom